My Sicilian friends brought me a bottle of home-made Limoncello last year – made to a secret recipe by one of their next-door neighbours, with those famous Sicilian Lemons.. lucky me, eh?
I love anything with lemon in it, so here’s a Summery Lemon cocktail which shows it off beautifully.
- a large serving jug
- Long-handled spoon to stir.
INGREDIENTS: Makes about a litre
- 1 lemon, seeds removed and sliced.
- Nice bunch of fresh mint leaves
- 350mls fizzy lemon drink (I use a sugar-free variety)
- 350mls Prosecco
- 100mls Limoncello
- Ice cubes
METHOD: rocket science, this one..
- Add the ice, lemon slices and slightly crushed mint to the jug
- Top off with the Limoncello, Prosecco and lemon fizz
- Stir well
- If you want/need to make this a little less alcoholic, replace the Prosecco with sparkling water, and add a little more Lemon drink.