These are like posh sandwiches, and are fabulous for picnics, as they can be cut up at the last minute, and don’t go all soggy like other wrap type creations. Thanks Anne and Kim!
This recipe feeds a cast of thousands, so you could divide the quantities in for smaller groups. Each tortilla gives about 4 roll-ups. Make sure that you spread the filling right out to the edges, so that you don’t have any dry bits. You can also cut them into 1inch pieces to serve as canapés.
- cling film
- sharp knife
- large mixing bowl
- 12 Flour Tortillas
- 3 x 8oz packets of cream cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups of soured cream or crème fraiche
- 1 bunch of spring onions finely chopped
- juice of a large lime
- 1 tablespoon of salsa, ( either your own or a good ready-made)
- a small handful of finely chopped Coriander
- 4-6 slices of chopped Jalapeno Peppers. (I get mine in a jar from the supermarket), or a really finely chopped green chili if you prefer.
- In a large bowl, mix everything, except the tortillas, together until smooth
- Spread generously onto the tortillas and roll up
- Wrap each tortilla in cling film and refrigerate at least over night
- when ready to serve, unwrap from the Clingfilm, and slice into about 3-4 inch lengths