These cute little mouthfuls are perfect for adding to your Cheese board, or as an appetiser before dinner – those lovely Italian colours of red, white and green look so well together. Have a look and see! I added these to my Cheese Board for a function that I was catering recently. http://eatingforireland.com/recipe/how-to-set-up-a-cheese-board/
- A sharp knife
- Some decorative cocktail sticks (I got mine in Sainsbury’s)
- Some kitchen paper
- One packet of Mozzarella pearls (see NOTES)
- Baby plum tomatoes – cut in two if large
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Drain and dry the Mozzarella before using them.
- Thread half a baby tomato, cut side down, onto the cocktail stick.
- Add the mozzarella
- Finish with the Basil leaf
- As you finish making each one, put it on a piece of absorbent kitchen paper.
- Keep separately from a cheese platter until ready to serve – I kept mine in a covered plastic box, lined with kitchen paper and covered with a damp sheet of the same.
- If you check out the photographs, you’ll see that I cut the baby mozzarellas in two as well. If you can’t get those little Mozzarella pearls, just use a whole Mozzarella and cut it into pieces. Dry it well before using.
- The little tomatoes will lose some juice, so I keep these little bites separately until ready to serve them.
- They’re so pretty that people are fascinated by them!