My Melon and Crème Fraiche Summer salad.. we first had this delicious salad in a lovely river-side restaurant in Cambridge.
We used to beg a table on the balcony and watch the world punting by as we ate. Every time we make it, it reminds us of lovely times in a beautiful city..
It’s so easy to put together, you’ll have lunch or your starter made before you know it!
This salad is so light and refreshing, and so easy to throw together that it not only makes a delicious lunchtime treat, but also doubles up very sucessfully as a unusual and simple starter.
INGREDIENTS: (feeds 4 as a starter, or two as a light lunch)
- A bag of nice leaves, tossed with a little oil, lemon juice and the merest sprinkle of garlic salt.
- One or two small fine peppers, thinly sliced.
- Half a ripe melon, in cubes
- Half a tub of Crème Fraiche (reduced fat will do, if that’s what you prefer) with a teaspoon of ground cumin and some salt mixed in. Mix it well together and taste it for seasoning..
- Divide the dressed leaves between the plates
- Throw on the peppers and melon.
- Spoon over the crème fraiche mix, and garnish (if you feel like it) with a little chopped parsley.
And serve… Ta da!