- Food processor
- pretty bowl, for serving
- 2 inch piece of fresh unpeeled cucumber
- a small carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- a small green chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoonful of roasted peanuts (optional- I’ve never used them)
- 1 tablespoon of soft brown sugar
- 4 tablespoonfuls of rice or wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoonful of light Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoonful of light oil
- Put the first 5 of the list (cucumber, carrot, spring onion, ginger, chilli) plus the peanuts if you’re using them, into a goblet of a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Transfer the chopped vegetables to the serving bowl
- Mix the sugar into the vinegar, and stir until it dissolves.
- Then pour it, the Soy sauce and the oil over the vegetables and mix together.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Mr Sat Night can’t bear vinegar – so I tend not to use – unless he annoys me, obvs… 😉 . So I tend to replace vinegar with either Lime or lemon juice, or a combination of both.
- The only reason I don’t add the peanuts is the nut-allergy risk to our daughter.