How to use up those soft and soggy blueberries..
- A small/medium saucepan
- A sterilised jampot
- all your inedible blueberries, washed and drained.
- Put all the Blueberries into the saucepan with just the water that remained on them after washing.
- Put the saucepan on a medium heat and let it cook gently until you hear the Blueberries starting to pop gently.
- Stir often to avoid burning.
- When all the blueberries have popped and become a thick jam, the compote is ready to use.
- Put into the sterilized jampot, cover and allow to cool.
- Keep it in the fridge.
- Use as soon as possible; certainly within a few days – there’s no added sugar to preserve it.
- This is the Compote I use for my Blueberry Trifle – split the Blueberry Muffins, and sandwich back together using the Compote, then slice and line the trifle bowl.
- Spread over the fresh or frozen berries.
- Melt 100g white chocolate and fold into a 500g tub of good quality ready-made Vanilla Custard.
- Pour the custard mixture over the fruit
- Top with whipped cream.
- Decorate as desired.